Tuesday 31 July 2012

On My Bike!

I've got my bike! No time like the present, so we decide to go out for a ride straight away. I put on my safety helmet and we adjust the seat, which comes up to my waist! We plan our route - nothing too ambitious for my first ride, along the brook to the garden centre for a coffee then back again. I practice by riding up and down the road. Suddenly I feel 10 years old again, riding around the estate on the boy-next-door's bike which had 1 white and 1 black wheel. Luckily our road is a cul-de-sac. People only drive down here if they live here or visit people who live here. So there's no traffic and I feel confident. Then off we go down to the brook.I almost collide with someone's conifers then when we arrive at the brook I really focus on trying to avoid the brook on one side and stinging nettels on the other. This great, I love it! My daughter amazes me with her own skills. She's so confident on her own bike now and whizzes along happily, stopping occasionally to make sure I'm OK. We pass some pedestrians and I ride confidently past them. Years ago I would have stopped until they had gone past. We at the garden centre and enjoy coffee while daughter has an ice lolly before cycling home. Now I'm working out new routes and thinking of how much bus fare I'll save as the cycle paths go all the way into town. I love my bike and can't wait to get out there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment